Friday, May 28, 2010

Outdoor pillows and Proust




One friend looked at this blog and remarked: "Hmm, it's not Proust".

Fair enough, but surely even Proust needed outdoor pillows. And maybe even mused on them...
As he famously once said: "An hour is not merely an hour. It is a vase full of scents and sounds and projects and climates."
This is a person who has thought about both the esoteric and ephemeral and ...vases. And probably pillows too... you get where I'm going with this.

Here are some pics of Trina Turk pillows which I spotted on the cover Martha Stewart Living. I've spread them out against the water feature in our backyard.The pillows are even more fabulous in person; shiny, gorgeous things and so Palm Springs. But they seem to overpower our pale blue water feature. What do you think? (My mum, Madeleine, says try some silvery pillows? Anyone know where I can get some?)

1 comment:

  1. I sent the pillows back in the end. Does anyone know where i can get some silvery ones?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...