|Kevin: "I was feeling good about my time...|
|...until I realised I only just beat a guy in a leprechaun suit and boxers."|
I'm not saying he's brilliant as in jolly clever, though, not skiting (showing off) - he is. Brilliant in that he's always there to take the stuff and kids out of the car when we end our three-hour drive to Tahoe so I can go straight to bed. Brilliant in that he always offers to drive back home on Sunday so I can have a refreshing glass of Kim.
You may already know that we are not the most romantic or sentimental people in the universe (see Valentine post) but to be honest, after four kids, it's the small things that make it all shine bright.
Inspired by fellow blogger Rebecca I've been moved to list five small but incredibly important things my husband does that make him the moon around my sun (oops... or is that the other way around? See I've diluted both his math and science gene in our child-producing efforts and he's never complained).
1. For 13 years, from when we had baby Harley in a tiny flat in Notting Hill, London, he's always taken the kids out to the park on Sat morning to let me sleep in.
2. He always stops for my latte at Helen's even though the kids are screaming in the back of the car (and they always are...).
3. He routinely cashes in all our points to buy Saks gift cards for me, even though he loves clothes as much, or maybe more, than me.
4. When we get home every weekend from skiing, he checks the mouse traps, carries the kids upstairs and takes the garbage out to the road so I can go straight to bed.
5. He accepts I'm a terrible Luddite - utterly useless at technical stuff - and somehow thinks that makes me more charming. He set up a family calender on Google for all our activities, I tell him there's no way I can do that, and he just nods and smiles...
What small thing does another person do that makes your life shine?
(Also don't forget to enter our giveaway. Winner drawn randomly this Friday 11th March)