We've solved all our technical hitches and we're back keener than ever! Thanks for your patience.
Tamuna from A Journey To Style kindly nominated me for the Stylish Bloggers' Award. Thank you Tamuna! My assignment is to share seven things you may not know about me.
1. I am the opposite of A-type. I take a nap here every day at around 1pm.
2. I never wear black. (this idea is shamelessly borrowed from Kayce)
3. I kind of said I had been a chef on a private yacht in order to get a job as a chalet girl in Champery, Switzerland. Which might not have been quite true...at all. (me at right)
5. My first date with Kevin in London was a Highgate Cemetery tour followed by fillet of fish...at McDonald's.
6. When Harley was three months, we accompanied Kevin on a business trip to a Swiss castle-hotel. Harley got a little tummy thing and massively pooped yellow all over the pristine white carpet. I spent ages cleaning it up, only making it worse. I might have said it was yogurt stains...
7. At age 17, I was an AFS exchange student in New Canaan, Connecticut. I sprayed my hair with "Sun In" all summer. It actually turned red instead of platinum blond so my lovely host "sister" Jeannie and I actually did look like sisters. Homecoming picture.
I would love to pass the award along to:
Katie at k.t. blue
Sarah at BobbyRobin
JoAnn at IdRatherBeShopping
Vivienne of Vivienneart
Rebecca of The Daily Muse
Janelle of Ramblings of a Redhead
Quentin of Quentin Curtis Bacon
The Suburb Experiment
Michelle at Crystal Glamour
Kelly at Style Attic
Well I am so glad I can comment again on your lovely blog...and so flattered that you are passing this award on to me! Thanks, Jody!!ReplyDelete
Hahah - I laughed out loud at several of these!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog - hope to see you back often!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing these facts with us, you're such an interesting person!ReplyDelete
Hi Jody! I'm glad I popped over just in time to read about you! Loving your pictures and stories, especially your stint as a chalet girl! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Hope you're having a lovely week!ReplyDelete
xo Mary Jo
hi jody! congratulations on this award! and i also want to say thank you for visiting my blog! :DReplyDelete
Thank you for passing on this award to me and it's fun to see your seven things! I can't say I never wear black. I have a lot of black shoes, belts, and bags. But a little black dress? Nope.ReplyDelete
Hi there! ... a belated note to say thanks for stopping by, and I'm glad you found me! I also live in CA, (southern but we go up north often- to visit family). Happy to have met you and discovered your blog!ReplyDelete
Love this post... especially Sun-In part. :)
hi! regarding maxis: browsing your photos...you seem tall and slender, so you should have no problem wearing them! i've found that maxis with a empire waist or fitted bodice with a slight a-line look best. you can also create a waist by cinching with a skinny belt. i ALWAYS wear heels - higher the better, and make sure the dress hits just above the ground. too short and it will look funny. you can also look for a v-neck which elongates the look. you don't necessarily need a pattern, but if you do, choose small prints...and when in doubt, black always looks good! here's one i wore with a v-neck:ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
jody... i'm so flattered you passed this award along to me. it gave me a HUGE smile when i checked my email.ReplyDelete
and OMG i forgot all about SUN IN!!! crazy that you said that. that must have been so horrible for my hair back in the day. geez.
I absolutely LOVED learning more about you!ReplyDelete
Sun In was terrible! Lordy lou... haven't thought about it in ages.
I agree, you are one stylish blogger!ReplyDelete
Haha, baby poop. As long as it's not your carpet eh!
thank you so much for your supportReplyDelete
and congrats :)