|Harley, 15, and his Nike-slides-and-black-socks look|
You also know you're an old bag when....
1. You go to the exhibition of Cindy Sherman at SF Moma featuring her rendition of sad, aging Hollywood hopefuls. Note to self: best go a bit easier on the lip liner and bronzer.
2. You go to the same restaurant four weekends in a row. Well, you just know what you're getting then, don't you? Lovely.
|Sugarcane rolls at Xyclo|
3. Your friend tells you about her old Mum playing (seated) balloon volleyball with her friends and you think it's sounds a bit of a lark. Cocktail in hand of course.
4. You have a Black Tie event coming up. Instead of buying this Laundry dress, you decide to just rent it. The way your bat flaps are progressing, you won't be able to wear it again anyway.
Your friend replies: "Yeah... and??"
6. You spent hours gazing out at this little touch of flower-sparkle in pots. Lovely.
7. The weekends heralds a heatwave of 100 degree temperatures. (Very) begrudgingly you shave your legs.
9. Talking of hip hop, your son tells you about J12 - the latest "Gettin Saucy"dance here in Oakland. Stick it on your blog, he's says, you'll be the first blogger in the world to feature it. That was eight months ago...forgot about it until now...So here it is! The (kinda) latest dance from Oakland. For all you Mofo Mamas who are going to bust your moves this Saturday night: just lean back and pretend you're driving, then swing your left arm...and Slow Down!
Will you be embracing your Nike Slide Years?