1. Have you ever done threading on your eyebrows? Threading is an ancient method of hair removal from India using thread. Superlatively better than plucking or waxing- why is that? - and hurts like a b'tard.
|My threaded b-tard brows, the eyes saw too many goblets of ruby liquid last night|
2. Have you heard of March Madness? A crazy-making month where sports watchers immerse themselves in a phantasmagoria of basketball. Every room I go into, every car I start in this household is tuned to a radio station that is saying things like: "Hey Brad! Now how about this for a terrific bar conversation? Name three of the best point guards in..." Degrees more tortuous than threading.
|Cy, 10, warming up before five hours of telly watching. Photo by Harley, 16.|
3. Where the heck is that plane? Apparently this is the only overseas news story that Americans have been consistently interested in. To the extent that it's being presented as a bizarre whodunnit and we are forgetting there are 239 people on that plane. The plane beeped on the radars of two countries without being reported (what were they smoking?)and the combined efforts of five countries can't find it. (Also did you hear about the 16 year-old who snuck up to the top of the World Trade Centre and took a selfie. Feeling safe much?)
4. Do you believe in God? I think I do, but I'm not religious and sometimes I wish I were. Life would be so much simpler and easier if I knew there was a plan.
|View to San Fran from Kenny'nMike's place last night (roasted waterbuffalo with chanterelle sauce, cheesecake and ruby liquids in case you're wondering) God: if you're up there, could you reveal a little of your plan for me?|
5. Has the death of designer L'Wren Scott lingered in your mind? Obviously I never knew her and I've never owned any of her beautiful dresses. Is it that she seemed to have it all and yet...? One line stayed with me. Mick Jagger once said that she had the "best body he'd ever known." Amid everything else she'd achieved at age 49, that is a lot to live up to. I wish some of the papers wouldn't refer to her as a friend or girlfriend, she was his partner for 13 years.
|Think this photo shows show close she was to the family: Jade Jagger, L'Wren Scott, Georgia May, Mick Jagger|
|L'Wren Scott and Mick Jagger|
Any answers to the questions?